Ways to Update Your Beauty Routine This Spring

With winter coming to an end and spring rapidly approaching, this only means that beauty routines are bound to change with the season. Whether you are looking to update your regime or just beginning to experiment with skin care and makeup products, spring is the perfect time to find new products that fit to match your natural beauty.

If you fall under the makeup-newbie category, all the techniques and terminology can seem a little overwhelming. College beauty guru Kaitlynn Voyzey says to beginners, “My biggest advice is that everyone starts somewhere.” Trying out different products is the best way to see what makes your ownself comfortable and content.

Moisturizer

One way to embrace the change is through lathering up on moisturizer. Dermatology consultants say, “spring may be one of the most important seasons for moisturizing, as our skin recovers from winter’s dryness.”

Facial moisturizers can have different health benefits to the skin. Most moisturizers contain Vitamins A, C, and E. It is also common to find products that contain SPF to protect against the sun’s rays.

While it seems like skincare products come at an overwhelming price, there are quality options out there for under $30.00. EltaMD UV Daily Tinted Broad-Spectrum SPF 40 is just one example of a cheaper alternative that has great benefits. The cruelty-free product is targeted for all skin combinations such as dry, oily, or combination skin. It is also perfect timing to buy since it protects against UVA and UVB rays.

If you have quite dry or sensitive skin and are looking for a moisturizer, another cruelty-free option is e.l.f.® Daily Hydration Face Moisturizer. Grape, orange and shea butter antioxidants help nourish the face, with a lightweight finish that adds a touch of glow.

Exfoliator

Another must for taking care of your skin in the changing weather is exfoliation. Doing this removes dry cells on the skin’s surface, and reduces acne by unclogging the pores and eliminating oil and dirt. Many exfoliators include ingredients that leave you with a smooth surface, such as aloe vera which soothes the skin.

A couple of top-rated exfoliators that are reasonably priced to try out are Pixi® Skintreats Glow Tonic and Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment. Both of these are cruelty-free products.

The Skintreats Glow Tonic is priced at $15.00 and comes paraben and sulfate free. The exfoliator provides a glowing undertone to the skin, giving the user a polished finish.

Exfoliating Treatment by Kate Somerville is a solution for uneven texture or pores. By applying this in the shower, the steam will help the user to get even better results. There are also no sulfates or parabens added to this clinically tested exfoliator.

Natural Glow and Brows

Trying out dewy looks is in perfect timing with warmer weather, and gives your skin an extra radiance. When wanting to add an extra glow to the face, highlighters are a must-have. This season, there have been a plethora of makeup products focusing on highlighted hues. Fenty Beauty has been a top selling brand due to the inclusivity of the range of tones. The Match Stick has 10 different shades that can be seen on makeup lovers with all different skin tones on the Fenty Beauty’s photo page.

Another way to add a pop of glow is through Milk’s Holographic Stick. Coming in pink, lavender and peach, the highlighter allows the user to choose different parts of the face like the cheekbones for a classic highlighter, or to the eyelids for more glossiness. If looking specifically for usage on the eyes, Ulta’s Cream Shadow has you covered.

Like seasons before, bushy eyebrows are staying on trend. There are natural products perfect for the hairs to covet the complete look. Adding a few drops of olive or coconut oil will not only moisturize the brows and keep them healthy but also make the hairs slightly thicker.