The makeup world is a beautiful and creative outlet, a way to be expressive and try new things. Highlighting/ strobing has become a phenomenon lately, but where do we begin with finding that perfect highlight? A mag is here to give you the run-down on some of the best highlighting products and best ways to apply them for every budget.
Stole the Show/Lunch Money by Colourpop $8.00
- Colourpop is known for carrying inexpensive and high quality products. Their highlighters are creamy, easy to apply with fingers and give a natural glow. Stole the Show and Lunch Money are two popular highlighters and only cost $8.00. They are universal and will look good on any skin tone, giving a natural glow to the skin.
Champagne pop by Becca X Jaclyn Hill $38.00
- Jaclyn Hill is a popular beauty guru on Youtube and is known for her highlighting obsession. Champagne Pop launched in 2015 and the rave for the product is true. The gorgeous highlight has a peachy undertone with lots of shimmer. Dust it over cheekbones and cupid’s bow with a fan brush. It may seem intimidating at first, but the color is universal and worth the money.
Hourglass Ambient Highlight palette at Sephora $62.00
- This trio palette of rose golds and a light pinks will give you a shimmering beautiful highlight. The best way to apply these shades is with a fiber-ended brush and mix the colors together until achieving that J-Lo glow.
NYX Cosmetics Illuminator $8.99
- For those of us who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a highlight (especially if we haven’t tried it before) there are some drugstore brands out there that cater our needs. This NYX illuminator comes in a variety of shades for a subtle glow and will do just the trick. Pack it on in the highest points of your cheeks to reflect light.
Too Faced – Candle Light Powder Duo $30.00 Sephora
- This makeup brand is known for their amazing eyeshadow palettes (hello, they smell like chocolate and blend so well). The candlelight powder duo is a highlight that comes in rosy glow or warm glow. Either one would be perfect to define those cheekbones and brighten up your face.
The Balm- Mary Lou Manizer $24.00 only available online
- According to the products description, this shimmering highlight is ‘honey-hued’, and diffuses light on your face. Use a tapered blending brush to create a “c”-shape on your temples and cheekbones. This is one of those ‘best kept’ secret highlights, but it’s one to definitely worth trying.
High beam by Benefit $26.00 – Ulta
- Swipe this liquid highlighter on your cheeks, lightly blend with fingers or a duo-fiber brush and your highlight will be popping. If you like the dewy look, then this product is perfect for you!
It is clear to see that there are several different types of highlighters with different types of shades. And they range in price, which is nice if you’re a little shy to try this product. Highlighting is a great way to give a natural, glow/dewy look with just a sweep or dab of one of these many products.