Let’s face it, the trend of looking messy is taking the world by storm, and having the perfect piece that fits this undone, masculine look is key. Your one place to go? Your dad’s wardrobe. Yep, from oversized flannels to those retro 70’s shirts, these staples are coming back. There’s no better answer than sorting through dad’s old clothes, or someone else’s dad’s old clothes at a thrift store.
Menswear is a style that continues to be seen on celebrities like Zendaya and the Olsen twins, and this season, women wearing what men do seems to be the biggest fad. Although it can feel a little out of your comfort zone to wear men’s clothing, it actually only takes a subtle change to create an laidback, comfortable look.
Borrowing from the boys has never been easier or cuter.
- Long-sleeved, button down shirt
This can range from a bold-colored stripe to a solid neutral. Dress it up with chunky bracelets and necklaces, or pair it with solid black skinnies and black booties.
From suede to leather to denim, vests are totally in and the perfect layering piece. For a more casual look, layer a leather vest with a button down and jeans. If you’re going for something a little chicer, a suede vest over a black turtleneck is a good go-to.
These aren’t just your dad’s favorite pant anymore. Comfy and stylish, these pants add a baggy effect that screams fall. Tucking in a plain white tee with a belt and some flats makes you ready for your daily coffee run. Oh, and class, too.
This statement shoe is making a comeback and falls right in line with the rest of your dad’s work attire. From dresses and skirts to jeans and leggings, loafers can compliment any look, and as an added bonus, they’re just as comfy as they are stylish.
5. Boyfriend Cardigan
Oversized pieces, especially in the colder months, will never not be essential. You can’t go wrong with layering a cardigan over a shirtdress or styling it with a pair of high waisted jeans and a chunky scarf.
- Plaid shirt from harryrosen.com Jeans from harryrosen.com Bracelet from misguidedus.com Necklace from newchic.com
- Turtleneck from boohoo.com Vest from stylebob.com Skirt from chicwish.com Shoes from DSW.com
- Tshirt frovam trouva.com Trousers from landsend.com Belt from johnlewis.com Flats from ssense.com
- Turtleneck from farfetch.com Overall dress from shein.com Loafers from HM.com Watch from topshop.com
- Dress from mango.com Cardigan from gapfactory.com Boots from jstoreusa.com Beanie from c21stores.com