how to get Fashion Week Makeup on a college budget

This+image+was+taken+from+new+york+fashion+week+images+
This image was taken from new york fashion week images

If you’ve been checking your Instagram feed the past couple of weeks then you’d know that Fashion Month has been flooding everyone’s feed for weeks.

There have been some iconic makeup moments this season in New York, Milan and Paris that everyone will be dying to recreate. 

Recreating these looks may seem expensive, but you don’t have to use luxury products to get the look.

Paris Fashion Week: The natural

Photos on the left was taken from the collection of new york fashion week, photos on the right were taken by Stephanie Nguyen

The models at Chanel’s Spring 2020 show were all spotted looking youthful with bronzed and glowing faces and berry stained lips. 

According to Vogue, “the clothes were a distinct interpretation of the Nouvelle Vague with tweed onesies, Breton striped jackets and frothy minidresses, above the neck it was more about capturing the movement’s youthful disposition.”

This look is perfect for a girl on the go who only has a couple minutes to get ready in the morning before running out the door. 

How to get the look: 

To achieve this look you really only need three products outside of your base makeup. First, you’ll need a good bronzer to sculpt your cheekbones.

Physicians Formula’s Butter Bronzer can be found on Amazon for around $10 in four different shades.

Next, you’ll need a glowy highlighter. Wet n Wild’s MegaGlo highlighters are $5.49 and can be found at Ulta, Target or any drug store. 

Lastly, you don’t need a lip stain to get this kind of look. You can pick up any berry colored liquid lipstick of your choice. 

Wet n’ Wild also has a Megalast liquid lipstick in an abundance of shades that retail for $5.29. 

The trick to achieving the stained look comes from the application of the lipstick. Apply a layer of lipstick to the tip of your finger and gently dab the color onto your lips. 

New York Fashion Week: The bold

photos on the left was taken from the collection of new york fashion week, photos on the right were taken by stephanie nguyen

Tom Ford’s Spring 2020 show was a mix of a little grit and a little glamour, according to Vogue.

The makeup was no different. Each model had a classic smoky eye to match the vibe of the collection. 

In an interview with CNBC’s Tania Bryer, Ford said, I’ve always designed for women with their own mind. I love intelligent women who know their style.”

If that type of attitude resonates with you, it may be time to bust out a smoky eye look the next time you go for a night out on the town. 

How to get the look:

Aside from applying the typical foundation, concealer and brows, all you need to attain this look is a good smoky shaded eyeshadow palette. 

Morphe has some of the best quality eyeshadows on the market for the price. 

The Morphe 9A Always Golden artistry palette is $12 and has every shade you need to recreate this fashion week look. 

Working with dark shadows can get pretty messy, very fast, but there are simple ways to keep the application process clean. 

To create a clean crease line with no smudging, place a small strip of tape along the edge of your eyes before applying eyeshadow. 

Milan Fashion Week: The daring

If Jennifer Lopez’s throwback moment walking the Spring 2020 Versace show wasn’t iconic enough for you, the makeup certainly took the show to the next level. 

According to Vogue, “the beauty was a high-octane dose of glamour, with slicked strands and shocks of neon across the eyes and mouth.” 

Neon eyeshadows may seem intimidating, but this small splash of neon across the crease is a simple way to get the look without going overboard. 

How to get the look: 

This neon look is bold yet extremely easy to achieve and only requires the purchase of one new product. 

Colourpop is a makeup company that can be found in Ulta and online that carries single pressed powder eyeshadows in just about every color you can imagine that range from $4-$6. 

If orange isn’t your color of choice feel free to use any color you like. 

The unique thing about this look is that the neon eyeshadow is placed in the crease of each model’s eye instead of the eyelid. 

Take your favorite blending brush, dip into your shade of choice and blend that color until it is visible and vibrant in your crease. 

If you feel like taking this look to the next level try adding a pair of false lashes to really amplify the eyeshadow.