Find Out What Gossip Girl Character You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Illustration is by Camryn Calderwood

If you’re anything like me, fighting boredom while practicing social distancing is a real challenge. But I’ve found a way to make loneliness fun with the mixture of my two favorite unproductive pastimes: binge-watching and reading my horoscope. Glamourous right? 

OK, so maybe watching The Vampire Diaries while trolling zodiac pages on Instagram to find out if my horoscope reading somehow insinuates I’m going to get that internship or not isn’t the best way to spend my time. However, I found that the combination of these two slothful “distractions from the real world” are actually really fun together! Naturally, I knew I had to create an article that was the perfect marriage between an iconic binge-worthy series and the 12 zodiac signs. I’m not an astrologer, but I sure am a “Gossip Girl” fan and a proud Aquarius. So for a little fun, keep reading to find out what character from “Gossip Girl” you are, based on your zodiac! 

Aries (March 21st – April 19th)

You are the life of the party and make everyone around you happier just by being present. That’s such an amazing skill to have and you own it, Aries! Just like Jenny Humphrey from “Gossip Girl,” you can feel lost sometimes. But once you are able to follow your passion [similar to Jenny’s passion for fashion] you blossom! While you may go through many phases in your life, you’ll always land in the right spot with the right people surrounding and supporting you. 

Taurus (April 20th – May 20th)

Taurus, you are the perfect mixture of smart and suave. While people may not see you for who you really are, you are determined to define your own identity like Nate Archibald. You may not play lacrosse like Nate, but you are more athletic than some may give you credit for. Over time, you’ve become more mature and sure of yourself, just like Mr. Archibald himself. Similar to Nate’s journey of developing The Spectator, by taking your destiny into your own hands, you will find out who you’re truly supposed to be!

Gemini (May 21st – June 20th)

Just like Georgina Sparks, some people might think you’re two-faced [like the time Georgina pretended to be Sarah]. But really, you are just a true Gemini — a symbol of the celestial twins. This means that you are versatile and widely talented! One of your many talents, like Georgina, is persuasion. You might often get what you want, and that’s definitely not a bad thing! Similar to Georgina, you may go on a spiritual journey. Geminis are spiritual beings, so embrace your beliefs [and your perfectly-drawn black eyeliner!]

Cancer (June 21st – July 22nd)

Just like Lily van der Woodsen, you have an unbreakable intuition. Some call it psychic powers, others just call it strong observation skills. Either way, you always like to know what’s happening around you. Not unlike the iconic Lily van der Woodsen, you are graceful and carry yourself with impressive poise, even when you’re dealing with difficult life obstacles. Similar to Lily’s connection with Rufus, you should use those observation skills to look out for love. It may have always been right in front of you.

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

Leo, you are symbolic of the lion [the kings and queens of the zodiac jungle] and so naturally, you are the Queen Bee of “Gossip Girl” — Blair Waldorf! That’s right, your confidence and ability to lead puts you in a position of power. Like Blair, you are effortlessly fashionable and a trendsetter in every way. You may not seem like the romantic type, but sometimes true love can show up where you least expect it, just like Chuck in Blair’s life! Once you find the one, your romance will be just as passionate and strong-willed as Blair Waldorf herself.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

As a practical and analytical sign, you are most similar to Eric van der Woodsen. Your selflessness and maturity make you a reliable friend just like Eric is to Jenny. You can always tell when others are lying and value honesty in yourself. While those that you consider family may betray you like Chuck ruined his once-close bond with Eric, you always keep those you can trust close to you. Similar to Eric’s journey in embracing his sexual orientation, discovering your most authentic self and sharing who you are with your loved ones will help you grow. 

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

Libra, you are the symbolic representation of the celestial scale. Just like Rufus from “Gossip Girl” who must balance his role as a father, his career as a touring musician, and his undying romance with Lily van der Woodsen, life is truly a balancing act. You sometimes struggle with making firm decisions, similar to Rufus’ on-again, off-again relationships with Alison and Lily. Ultimately, you always follow your heart and discover your happy ending, just like Rufus.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

You are equally mysterious and charming. These traits often put you at the center of rumors both good and bad, true and false, just like Serena van der Woodsen from “Gossip Girl.” Similar to free-spirited Serena, your sense of style is all your own. Scorpios are so passionate that they are often mistaken as fire signs. In reality, you are a water sign. Sensual, a true socialite, and full of intense emotions, you share many traits with the “It Girl” SVDW. 

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

Sagittarius, you are most similar to the iconic Chuck Bass. As a Saggitarius, you are a natural-born knowledge-seeker. Similar to when Chuck relentlessly sought answers about who his biological mom truly was, you never give up until you find what you’re looking for. You may seem tough on the outside, but that is simply the wall that you put up to protect yourself from being hurt. Saggitarius, you must embrace your softer side to discover true happiness, just like Chuck Bass himself.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

Bearing ambition and a strong sense of independence, it is no surprise that Capricorn is most like Eleanor Waldorf. While some may interpret your drive as self-centered, you are incredibly charitable. You are talented and have the ability to spot talent in others, just like when Eleanor hires Jenny as a valuable part of her successful clothing brand. Don’t let your competitive streak take over. Similar to Eleanor, you will find your greatest peace surrounded by your family and loved ones.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

Aquarius, you are artistic and creative just like Vanessa Abrams. Unlike other characters on “Gossip Girl” who used their connections and wealth to follow their dreams, Vanessa knew she had to use her intelligence and hard work. You are no exception to this rule. While some may doubt you, you will always surprise them just like Vanessa surprised Rufus with her amazing renovation of his art gallery. As an air sign, Aquarians naturally value human rights. Similar to Vanessa, you will learn to overcome tribulations and grow into a stronger person. Who knows, maybe you’ll end up in Barcelona just like Vanessa!

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

Pisces [or should I say Lonely Boy?], you are a true dreamer. Your ability to be in touch with your sensitive side makes you most similar to Dan Humphrey. Just like Dan, the best way for you to express yourself is through your words — written words. The symbol of Pisces is two fish swimming in opposite directions that represent reality and fantasy. Similar to Dan’s fake persona of Gossip Girl and his true self, you bridge the duality between fantasy and reality. You are hopelessly romantic and this may cause you to do crazy things, just like Lonely Boy himself. 

So there you have it! With such a dynamic cast of characters, it’s easy to find traits from all zodiac signs represented in “Gossip Girl.” Let us know if you agree or disagree with my pairings.

XOXO web writer Camryn Calderwood 

Hi, I’m Maria McGinnis, a senior journalism student from Stow, Ohio. I’m also the editor in chief of A Magazine. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important and entertaining news from the realms of fashion, beauty, and culture. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate to A Magazine.