Thanks so much for your interest in A Mag’s Spring virtual model call. Just like last semester, Covid-19 is still a concern, so there will not be a physical model call taking place. A Mag is taking this pandemic very seriously, so we decided to hold a model call that you can participate in from the comfort and safety of your own home. This semester, we’re still welcoming everyone (and we mean everyone) to participate in the model call — just virtually!
To apply, all you have to do is fill out the quick and easy Google Form below! The virtual model call will be open from Sunday, March 21 to Saturday, March 27.
A Magazine is doing everything in its power to stay safe and healthy during the pandemic. We are following all safety guidelines and will do everything we can to keep our staff, and you, safe. But just like going to a store or restaurant, we cannot 100% guarantee you will not come in contact with Covid-19 in the environment where photoshoots may take place.
Please note that by filling out the form you are stating that you have read all of the information and understand the possible risks.
Virtual Model Call Q&A
How do you plan on keeping people safe with COVID-19?
- All photographers and staff at photoshoots will be required to wear masks at all times. Makeup will be done by models and any provided clothing will be sprayed with disinfectant before models are styled. There will also be hand sanitizer on shoot location along with any you may bring. Photographers will also be using camera lenses that allow them to shoot six feet distance when models are not wearing masks during the actual shoots.
How will you know what I look like if no one will take a headshot of me?
- Our application has a place where you can link your Instagram or model portfolio. These don’t need to be professional photos of yourself, we just want to see you!
What happens if I’m remote this semester? Can I still participate as a model for A Mag?
- Yes, of course but you must be within the Northeast Ohio area and willing to travel to photoshoot locations. Many members of the A Mag staff are remote and are already commuting for anything that needs to be done in person. However, there are also opportunities to model virtually on our TikTok and Instagram — more details on that to come.
What happens if I get called for a photoshoot?
- The first thing to do is respond ASAP to let the photographer know if you are available and can travel to the photoshoot location. From there, you will get further information on things like clothes, makeup, shoot concept and more!
What all could I possibly model for?
- This Spring we plan on becoming even more active on platforms like TikTok, Instagram Live and Instagram Reels. Our photography, videography, and/or styling team may reach out to you about being a part of content made for these platforms specifically.
If you have any other questions or concerns about the virtual model call please feel free to email A Mag’s Photo Editor Lisa Helland at email@example.com or A Mag’s Editor-in-Chief Maria McGinnis at firstname.lastname@example.org.