the legend of the pumpkin people

photos%3A+antonia+digiacomo+%2F%2F+models%3A+lilith+koci+and+maize+connolly+

photos: antonia digiacomo // models: lilith koci and maize connolly

It has long since been assumed that the Pumpkin People were nothing but a myth. There was no physical evidence of their existence, much like Bigfoot or Nessie. Their appearances have only been recorded during the month of October, otherwise we have no idea where they exist or where they come from. It was not until recently that humans were able to truly make contact with them, and have the opportunity to get to know them.

The reason Pumpkin People are never seen outside of October is because they only visit the human realm during that month. It seems that all of the Halloween fun and spooky activity allows them to explore our plane of existence, if only for a short while. Although they are a secretive group, they can be quite friendly with humans if a strong enough bond is formed. Surprisingly, they also enjoy being photographed, and they are great models!

As it turns out, the Pumpkin People are not actually that much different than humans. Similarly to us, they are very social, and prefer to spend time together. They find joy in their friends, and love to explore new places or spend time “out on the town.” However, rather than going to a movie, a bar or the mall, they spend their time in nature and in abandoned places. Their relationship patterns are similar to those of humanity, involving familial bonds, friendships and romantic relationships.

What’s interesting about the Pumpkin People is the fact that they are capable of fully removing their heads. It seems that the pumpkins hold nothing vital, but instead are empty vessels loosely attached to the shoulders. It appears that this is where a number of Jack-o’-lanterns actually come from, especially when they are found in random or abandoned places.

We do not know much about the place that the Pumpkin People come from. We do not know how they spend their time there, how many of them there are or how their society on the other side governs. All we know is that they look forward to visiting our realm every October, and they are fairly friendly. If you ever come across a Pumpkin Person, we certainly encourage you to befriend them!

• photos: antonia digiacomo // models: angie rice, lilith kocian, sergio roper and maize connolly

• photos: antonia digiacomo // models: lilith koci and maize connolly

• photos: antonia digiacomo // model: sergio roper

• photos: antonia digiacomo // models: lilith koci and angie rice

• photos: antonia digiacomo // models: angie rice and sergio roper

• photos: antonia digiacomo // model: maize connolly

• photos: antonia digiacomo // models: lilith kocian and sergio roper

Hi! I’m Catie Pusateri, A Magazine’s editor-in-chief. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important and entertaining news from the realms of fashion, beauty and culture. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate to A Magazine.