four gifts for the fashionable friend this holiday season

illustration by stella skinner

The holidays are in full swing, which means celebrating and gift giving to those you love is on the top of everyone’s minds. You may already have that specific item you’ve been dying to ask for or you’re looking for that perfect gift for someone you love. Here are four fashion and beauty gifts that are rising trends this holiday season. With tons of amazing reviews, these items will make the perfect addition to your wishlist this year.

Ugg Ultra Minis

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by UGG® (@ugg)

Ugg Ultra Minis, $140, Nordstrom

First up, a shoe that got its rise to popularity through iconic celebrities like Bella Hadid and is the perfect crossover between warm winter boots and indoor slippers: the Ugg Ultra Minis. I have these shoes myself, and they are the perfect shoe to dress up or down. I tend to pair them with some comfy neutral socks, leggings and an oversized crew neck or sweater. They also go perfectly with straight-leg jeans since they are around the same height of your regular sneaker or pair of Converse! Even more styling tips can be shown in a TikTok by @alexxcoll below.

@alexxcoll How I style my new ultra mini @ugg boots for #uggseason 😆🍂 ad #howtostyleuggboots #ultraminiuggsoutfit #uggs ♬ original sound – AlexxColl

Apple AirPods Max

Airpods Max, $549, Apple

Another item that has become popular since the revival of the over-the-ears headphones trend and a now classified “Techcessary” are Apple’s Airpods Max. These chic headphones come in five different colors from a classic silver to a trendy sage green. With its sleek, simple design and intriguing features like “Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode,” the headphones are a true bridge between technology and fashion. They are as functional as they are stylish considering they can easily be styled with any look. A quick scroll through Pinterest and you’ll find celebrities such as Bella Hadid and Addison Rae sporting headphones as a cool accessory. Whether you want them for the look or shopping for the music lover on your gift list, these headphones are the ‘it’ item of the season. 

Glossier Balm Dotcom

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Glossier (@glossier)

Balm Dotcom, $12, Glossier

A must-have beauty product to get your hands on this year is by the increasingly popular makeup and skincare brand Glossier. Glossier’s lip balm line, Balm Dotcom, consists of 11 fragrant flavors that will keep your lips moisturized and refreshed. In collaboration with Swiss Miss, the brand has revealed a “Swiss Miss” shade that has a scent reminiscent of a warm cup of hot cocoa. For those who like scents a little more subtle, other shades to shop are “Mango,” “Mint,” “Cherry” and “Rose.” 

Being Frenshe Body Spray

Cashmere Vanilla Hair, Body & Linen Mist Body Spray, $14.99, Target

Another brand to keep your eye on this season is a new beauty and wellness brand called Being Frenshe created by one of Gen Z’s crowned icons, Ashley Tisdale. Best known for playing sassy and confident characters such as Sharpay Evans and Candace Flynn, Tisdale has unveiled a more personal side as she shares her mental health and everyday struggles. Exclusively sold online and in stores at Target, Being Frenshe sells a range of products from hair care to candles to fragrances.

Each product has five different ‘mindful’ scents to choose from with Unwind & Rest, Soothe & Comfort, Awaken & Uplift, Joy & Bliss and Balance & Harmony. The most viral product seen on social media is the Soothe & Comfort Cashmere Vanilla Hair, Body & Linen Mist with its heavenly vanilla and jasmine scent and soothing essential oils. This emerging brand is definitely one to gift to others or add to your own wishlist.

With all of these great fashion and beauty products that have been shown to be loved by so many this past year, hopefully you’ve been able to get some gift ideas for what you might want to shop this holiday season. Whether you’re giving gifts or simply spending time with your close communities of friends and family, the holidays are about sending love to those who mean the most to you. Happy Holidays and happy shopping!

Hi, I’m Catie Pusateri, the Editor-in-Chief of A Magazine. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important and entertaining news from the realms of fashion, beauty and culture. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we receive support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate to A Magazine.