Brittany Broski: Social Media’s New Royalty

Art by: Ajallah Toure

Brittany Broski: a new ‘royal’ name within the world of social media, and changing the way influencers move and engage online. She’s also spread relatable awareness of the sometimes delusional (but dedicated) fangirls that their dreams of meeting their celebrity crush can come true when she met Harry Styles back in 2022.

Back in 2019, she posted a viral video of her trying kombucha for the first time. This was only the beginning for her, as she continues to share moments of her being her authentic self. She has grown to show that people behind a screen are innately more similar to us than we think.

Being herself and sharing her personal interests has allowed her to gain so many more fans; it’s almost ironic that such a fan has become an idol to her fans. She spoke with Rebecca Jennings, a senior correspondent at Vox, about the positive reception online and said, “The worst thing is searching your name on social media and seeing people talk about you. It’s like, “Oh, my god, people perceive me?” I’d rather die than be perceived.”

That familiarity with her quick-witted responses and her openness of daily life is one of the many reasons she has gained so much positive love and support online. Social media has become a platform of toxicity in many ways, and can be a melting pot of self-hate and comparisons, as so many people have gone viral just because of their breathtaking looks or envious physique. Finding humanity in a world that lives inside a pit of constant content has been increasingly harder. Being able to find comfort, relatability and laughter online, while acknowledging to not take life for granted, is where Broski saves the day.

While she’s incredibly comedic, she also has a strong educational background and desire to share her knowledge. She attended Texas A&M University and studied communications with a minor in Spanish. Aside from her academic success, she also has openly shared about growing up in the south and the effects of religion. In Episode #19 of her podcast, she talks about how Christianity changed her life for the worst but also for the best. She opens up about her trials of leaving the religion and why she felt like she needed to for her own growth. The political views that get associated with Christianity, as well as her family background, led her to make the decision. These experiences also made her choose to openly share her personal struggles and inquisitive tips on life.

You can listen to all of these stories, as well as her amazing fangirl and hilarious content shared on her brand new podcast, “The Broski Report.” The podcast helps listeners, “stay up to date with what Supreme Leader Brittany Broski is currently obsessing over, learning about, crying about, etc. Also expect important updates on Broski Nation law changes & people of interest.” It’s full of tears, laughter and screaming. She also just released a show called “Royal Court” where various influencers and celebrity guests come on her medieval themed show. The show features her perfected medieval accent and some of her close industry friends like Orville Peck, Cody Ko and Drew Afualo.

Whether she’s on her toilet ranking her celebrity crushes, reading crazy Wattpad stories or sharing her thoughts on the struggles and power of womanhood, it all allows the people who follow her to feel more connected. Broski has created her court of influence with her genuine ability to make people feel less alone. She encourages the important message of embracing whatever makes you happy no matter how niche it may be and not worrying about what anyone else thinks.

Hi! I’m Annie Gleydura, A Magazine’s editor-in-chief. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important and entertaining news from the realms of fashion, beauty and culture. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate to A Magazine.