4 Ways to Get a Glowing Face

One of the most popular makeup looks right now is the face that looks as though it’s glowing from within. Whether you prefer a full face of makeup or a natural look, here are four ways to get that beautiful, glowing face.

1.  Glow with Minimal Makeup  

If you don’t like to wear a ton of makeup, try just using a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation. You can even try to spot conceal the imperfections you’d like.

After applying mascara and filling in your brows, apply a cream or liquid blush and dab a little liquid highlight on the top of the cheeks and bridge of the nose.

Cover FX’s Custom Enhancer Drops ($42, Sephora.com) are excellent for highlighting over natural skin or tinted moisturizers. Avoid powder products since they could wear off unevenly or quickly on the bare skin.

The less product, the better. You want your real skin to show through and look supple and fresh underneath. The radiance is added to natural skin so that it looks real and revitalized.  

1. Use More Cream Products

Instead of setting your foundation with powder, go in with cream contour, blush and highlight to keep it looking fresh and natural. Set only where excess creasing is likely such as the nose and under the eyes.

A great dewy foundation alone is the popular It Cosmetics’ Your Skin But Better CC+ ($38, Sephora.com). Using a radiant primer or mixing liquid highlight into foundation also helps.

Stick and liquid highlights, such as Tarte’s Twinkle Stick Highlighter ($38, Sephora.com) or Benefit’s High Beam ($26, Sephora.com), are better for blending into the other cream products.

The combination of using mainly cream products makes everything blend extremely seamlessly and prevents harsh lines. Using a damp beauty blender or makeup sponge to blend everything together can help blend everything together to look more natural.

1. Less Contour, More Highlight

Avoiding contouring and do just a little bit of bronzing for a sun-kissed face instead.

Using a bronzer with a tad bit of shimmer can help create a glow. Hourglass’ Ambient Lighting Bronzer ($50, Sephora.com) or Too Faced’s new Unicorn Tears Bronzer ($30, Sephora.com) can do the trick.

The highlight is more important than the bronzing. Don’t be afraid to overdo it on the highlighter. You’re not wearing enough until it’s literally blinding people. Go in with a Jeffree Star or Becca highlighter to get the glow going. Don’t put too much on the forehead or chin. Emphasize the highpoints of the cheeks, cupid’s bow and the bridge of the nose.

1. Dewy Setting Sprays

If you’re loyal to your matte foundation, harsh contour and powder products, then a dewy setting spray is just for you. The spray still sets your makeup in case you have oily skin, but it helps everything from looking cakey.

Tatcha’s Luminous Dewy Skin Mist ($48, Sephora.com) and Urban Decay’s Chill ($32, Sephora.com) are great for giving that extra sense of glow.

A few spritzes of one of those sprays can make your makeup look fresh, natural and flawless as if you aren’t wearing so much. Who doesn’t want that?